Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend in Montgomery


<



John and I had a wonderful weekend in Montgomery. We arrived Friday evening around 6:00 p.m. After checking in at The Renaissance, we walked over to the old depot and ate at a Thai restaurant. We enjoyed the rest of the evening, sitting outside, enjoying the live music being performed at The Exchange.

Saturday morning we took a long walk, including Dexter Avenue. I never tire of looking at downtown Montgomery and the historical sites. Of course, we went to The Shoppes for a few hours. John was sweet and patient as I looked for some fun dresses to buy for Europe.

The Renaissance has a fabulous pool on top of the roof! After relaxing, we again sat outside and enjoyed live music. Sunday morning we stopped by the coffee bar and went outside, again. We walked around the Riverwalk. After lunch at Dreamland, I had to leave. I was sad to say goodbye to John, but I was ready to see my three boys.

If you haven't been to the Riverwalk area lately, you are in for a treat.

No comments: