Thursday, April 16, 2009

Le Jardin

Last January I bought several gardening magazines to get ideas. I decided to add more perennials to my flower beds to fill them out and give me something to look at year round. Last year I planted four roses: three climbers and one ground cover. They are doing well. So far, I've added the following: three Italian cypresses, four yellow knock-outs, and two pink muhly (sp?)grasses together; black-eyed susans, doppleganger coneflowers, and coreopsis in the beds and by the street; two orange cannas by the fence; lots of dianthus, foxgloves, snapdragons last fall by the street and in the beds; and hen & chicks in conch shells and pots on the porch. We've added several trellises to support the roses and jasmine. This morning I'm going to build an arbor for the entrance to the patio and plant a rose that my mother gave me next to it.
I've still got some grasses, Russian sage, and coneflowers coming.

No comments: