Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, November 5, 2008


English 12
Below are the poems that we have covered this week, thus far.
William Blake's "A Poison Tree," "The Lamb," and "The Tyger"
William Wordsworth's "The World Is Too Much with Us," "My Heart Leaps Up"
Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
Students are writing their research papers on English poets; therefore, we're trying to cover at least one poem per poet this week. It's not the way I want to teach poetry, but it's a start. We discussed characteristics of Romantic poetry.

College Senior English 102
Students shared their favorite carpe diem quotations that they found from the Internet. We read and discussed Robert Herrick's "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time" and Andrew Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress." Then, we went to the library where students finished taking notes.

French I
Today was a whirlwind of activity in francais. Students worked independently on various projects. Several put the finishing touches on their Eiffel Tower replicas. One group made an edible model, which we all enjoyed eating. Students finished their dialogues and menus, which we will use tomorrow during our field trip to Sugar Rush, a cafe downtown.

I hope my students will start posting comments to my daily blogs. Extra credit, anyone??
P.S. I'm threatening to design a line of clothing called "Access Denied" due to the frustrations of censorship.

1 comment:

Clara said...

I'm ALL for the idea to make a class t-shirt: "Access Denied" :)